Dulce de Leche is a dessert created by slowly heating sweetened condensed milk. The end result is similar to caramel - extremely smooth, rich, + very unhealthy. We love to create health-conscious recipes for the #GRFIT BLOG that match the flavor profile without the guilt. In today's post we created a grain + dairy free version of Dulce de Leche packed with protein to fuel your fit lifestyle.
To match the caramel flavor and consistency we used coconut sugar. Coconut sugar helps stabilize blood sugar while offering a healthy alternative to cane sugar with a lower glycemic index. If you're a caffeine-junky, feel free to top this off with a touch of cold brew coffee.
- 1 scoop Salted Caramel GR (30g protein)
- 10 oz coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 splash vanilla
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Place coconut cream in a saucepan
- Heat on medium
- Mix in coconut sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon
- Heat on high until mixture bubbles
- Let cool in refrigerator
- Once cooled, pour your coconut mixture into a blender
- Add in Salted Caramel GR and ice
- Blend and Enjoy!
- Top with coconut
- Top with paleo granola, cacao nibs, coconut
**If not caffeine sensitive, add a splash of cold brew before blending!