BACK-ISSUE NO. 00
March 14th 2016
The Golden Ratio Blog
A Recipe Guide for :
I've been craving sweets lately but of course I wanted to make something that was healthy. These are super tasty and so decadent you'll never believe they're actually good for you!
These power balls are so easy to make and require minimal effort or cleanup. Perfect for us busy moms! Loaded with protein, they're dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free and grain-free, but also chock-full of natural vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
I am going to make another batch tomorrow because we ate them all!
What you'll need:
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp Sunbutter (can substitute any nut butter of your choice)
- 3 Tbsp Golden Ratio protein powder (vanilla or chocolate both work well)
- 3 Tbsp dark cocoa powder (or cacao powder to keep it raw)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (halved and separated)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. You can either use your hands like I did or place everything in the food processor.
Roll the dough into 1-1/2″ balls and then roll each ball in shredded coconut. Pop in the refrigerator to set.
That's it! Now the entire family can enjoy these healthy and delicious treats.
Written by: Gina Maida